this is just one more little slice of brilliance from just one more one-of-a-kind mama out there on the vast internets. and i love it. i so love it. i love it because it seems like a drunken, dewy grat list. a reminder. an inky, concentrated meditation on joy.
and i am so in.
a rain list. it brings to mind a long cool drink, a glittering pond. puddles and splashing and breaking waves. droplets on eyelashes and wet little baby cheeks. the wonder on the face of a sweet little boy as he revels, glories, in the magic of dashing through a sprinkler on a hot summer day.
oh, the joy.
and, ya know – yes. life is hard. there is work and groceries and bill-paying and cranky, sleep-deprived toddlers and too much to do with not enough time and on and on and on. and yes. the world is changing and shit is scary, overwhelming – there are wars and oil leaks and processed foods and clueless corporations on and on and on. but.
i am grateful.
i am grateful. and there is so much power, i think, in those three words – so much freedom and choice and awareness and beauty, in those three words, that they take my breath away whenver i take (a much too rare) moment to say them out loud.
i am grateful.
so now i am going to say them out loud, more often. (trumpets please) new sami ta-doo:
update rain list, joyously, consciously, at least once a day for a year.
here’s the start.
won’t you join me in being grateful?
* the lyric “…because humility has buoyancy and above us, only sky…” by ani difranco
* the journey i took through a violet.ruby.emerald.lemon starfield when i was in transition while giving birth
* new life, new hope and all the wishes of safety, beauty, joy we have for our babies
* the deep, tingly pull of sinew and muscle when i stretch
* medics and firefighters; their quick response times and their committment to the community
* homemade batman gear
* big smiles and sweet vibes from random strangers on the street
* my blue plastic college mug that is *so* insulated, it keeps ice cubes from melting. all night. so at 2am, when i wake up parched, my water is still frosty cold.
* locally (from all sortsa a different localities (if you can do it like that)) brewed bottles of beer. in the fridge. or better yet, in my hand
* baby snuggles, kisses and looks of admonishment
* my lover’s total ability to be all nonchalant and funny, making me laugh so hard i can’t breathe
* dark dark fair-trade chocolate
* my family – immediate, chosen, extended and those i have yet to meet
* live music, good friends, summer nights
let it pour.